Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Heather Policky May Quit Women's Bodybuilding After July USA's


Heather Policky, one of the most popular female bodybuilders in the World, told me she may quit the sport after the July USA contest in Las Vegas.

"It's hard for all of us," she said. Moreover, Policky doesn't see an end to some of the problems she's faced -- some she may detail in the future, but not now.

I can say that she had a powerful reaction to the retirement letter written by IFBB pro Nancy Lewis. In her blog, Policky essentially used Lewis's words and wrote:

"The individuals that made these disturbing remarks are what shocked me most, bringing me to try and take some sort of action. These remarks were plastered in paper on print for the entire world to see. Nothing can erase the words of arrogance or hurt caused by a few minimal individuals. One in which is soon to be married to a female bodybuilder and the other is simply a competitor that has close to never cracked a top 10 at a pro show.

Nonetheless I took a stance writing to the IFBB sending certified letters to anyone who would listen and to all the addresses I had available. After nearly a month in a half I get a response from Mr. Jim Manion stating that this sort of bashing each other is normal in bodybuilding and that the men do it to each other all the time. He referenced the names Craig Titus and King Kamali. That was it. That was all he said on the issue and nothing was done to these certain individuals.This issue floored me and made me realize my 15 years as an IFBB Female Pro athlete was in serious question. I set and think about the lack of respect we get not just from our fellow brothers in the sport but also from the Pro Federation we are representing. A federation that makes money off of us regardless of how much money they say they loose holding woman's events.


....and that's not all. For the rest, read her blog by clicking on these words.

No comments:

Breaking news

Megan Avalon Female Bodybuilder Vlogs On Zennie62