Friday, July 21, 2006

Amy Schmid - An Up And Coming FBB



Gene and James at FTVideo.com are really the first to discover this young new comer to the Women's Bodybuilding Scene -- their profile is linked to here.

In her own words, Amy explained how she got into the sport:

"People always ask me how I got into bodybuilding. Well, it's actually a good story. I grew up playing every sport I could. Then, after high school, I somehow got a rare neurological disease called Gullian-Barre Syndrome. Basically, a tiny germ got into my immune system causing it to attack the mylan sheath from around my nerves. By the time I was diagnosed, I was in a wheelchair and unable to stand and I didn't have feeling in my arms or legs. I was told it could be 6 months before I was walking again and may never make a full recovery. After spending a week in the hospital and a little over a month in rehabilitation, I was released as 'normal'. Because I was nowhere near my personal 'normal', I started working in a gym. That's where I learned about food, muscles, weight training and molding a body. One year and 4 months after I was diagnosed I competed in my first show.

Bodybuilding is my passion and my lifestyle. It's a challenge, a test of determination, discipline and scientific knowledge. It takes dedication and a ton of support from friends and family.

I really want to thank Scott and Eve Ann for their never ending generosity, support and wealth of knowledge. I want to thank my bodybuilder boyfriend, Jack Oehlers, who keeps me focused and is there for all of the good and bad days. Thanks also goes out to my mom and two sisters who deal with all of my wacky diets and still love me."

No comments:

Breaking news

Megan Avalon Female Bodybuilder Vlogs On Zennie62