Thursday, March 22, 2007

Athena Siganakis' Return To Female Bodybuilding On Schedule



After a bit of a layoff, Athena Siganakis has returned to bodybuilding. She's now training for her first show (in a long time), which will be held June 2nd in Ft.St. John, B.C. She says "It's only a Level 1, but ya gotta start somewhere."

Athena very graciously took time to answer a few questions.

How did you get into bodybuilding?

"A few years after I retired from rythmic gymnastics I decided I was getting a little too heavy and needed to do something about it. So I joined a small gym. The trainer there thought I was competing already! Always had big legs and big arms. 2yrs later I did my first show. I was 21. I think I placed 2nd...I think..lol"

What fbbs are friends of yours?

"I don't have a lot of fbbs as friends. Not that I don't want them it's just the way it has turned out. I do count Shawn Tan as a friend and I recently befriended Michelle Russell. She's a newbie here in BC. Will be doing her first show in Nov. You've never heard of her but you will :)"

Is there a great sisterhood?

"I think there is a great sisterhood. Most of the fbbs I have met and talked to are more than willing to help each other. We have to be. It's not always easy being us."

Why does women's bodybuilding endure considering all the crits and controversy?

"Why do more and more women do it? It lives because we do it for the love of it. 'They' have said fbbing was dead so many times over the years and yet here we are. We're not going away. I think more and more women are realizing that muscle on the female body is damn sexy. And being fit and strong is very empowering."

Is the webcam a necessary good ($) or a necessary evil? Why?

"For me it's a necessary good. Without it I could not afford to compete. So far I haven't had a bad experience. Made some great friends. But it can be an evil. I think it depends on how the fbber uses it."



Athena's developed a good fan base from her webcam, and is now ready to go out and build an even larger base from competiting. So look out for this reborn face on the female bodybuilding scene.

No comments:

Breaking news

Megan Avalon Female Bodybuilder Vlogs On Zennie62