Saturday, March 17, 2007

Monica Mollica - New Page At Andy's Muscle Goddesses


Rising star Monica Mollica has a new page at Andy's Muscle Goddesses, where it's reported...

Where and when were you born?
I was born in Stockholm, the capital of Sweden, on April 14th 1980.

What is your profession?
I currently work as a writer, dietary consultant and (part time) web designer.

Were you involved in sports or fitness prior to bodybuilding and how did you get started with weight training?
I have been active all my life; as a child and teenager I was a dancer. Then I discovered the gym and weights on my way to the aerobic classes, and after that it didn’t take long before I turned into a gym rat. By the age of 14 I already had the desire to compete. Since I was tiny back then I aimed at fitness, even though it was bodybuilding that I had a passion for.

Was it a goal for you to compete in bodybuilding competitions right from the beginning or was it something that grew in your mind as time went on and you saw the progress in your body?
Pretty much, yes. But because I didn’t have the necessary muscle mass, I started out with fitness to get experience.

Can you give me your competition history?
I did three fitness shows in Sweden 1999. However I was too vascular and lean, and therefore didn’t place very good (the judging is Sweden is a bit different than in the USA!).

Please tell me something about your training routine (ie: how many days per week / training split /cardio, etc.)
I train most everyday. I know it’s easy to get over trained by training every day, but thanks to good nutrition and a lot of sleep, I can make progress on this training volume. I’ve cut down on my cardio over the years in order to maximize muscle growth, but I think I’m still doing more cardio (30-45 min after every weight lifting workout) than most other bodybuilders. I like to keep my cardiovascular system in as good condition as my muscles.

What is your favorite exercise in the gym and which one you don’t like so much?
Squats! Then chins, dips, dumbbell shoulder presses and then incline dumbbell chest presses…and then…

There isn’t really any exercise I don’t like. They all hit the muscles from different angels and are necessary to fully develop all muscles.

Which body part is your best in your opinion?
Legs and glutes have always been my trademark!

If you don’t mind would you give me some stats (best lifts and some body measurements)?
I’m 5’4” and my current off-season weight (keeping my abs visible all year round) is 159-160 lb. My best squat is 330 lb and I do incline chest presses with 75 lb dumbbells. My max in chins is 14 reps.

There's more. Just click on the title of this post!

No comments:

Breaking news

Megan Avalon Female Bodybuilder Vlogs On Zennie62